Nutrition facts per serving:
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 9 ounce package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and well drained
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Sliced green onion tops
- Assorted vegetable dippers and/or crackers
In a large food processor, combine beans, artichoke hearts, garlic, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper. Cover and process until nearly smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary.
Transfer bean mixture to a serving bowl; stir in the thinly sliced green onion. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 2 days. If chilled, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
To serve, garnish with sliced green onion tops. Serve with assorted vegetable dippers and/or crackers.