Nutrition facts per serving:
- Fat, total(g)14
- sat. fat(g)5
- Monosaturated fat(g)5
- Polyunsaturated fat(g)1
- vit. A(IU)2915
- vit. C(mg)48
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6)(mg)0
Ravioli and Greens Salad
- 1 9 ounce package refrigerated whole wheat four cheese ravioli
- 6 cups torn mixed greens
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 medium yellow and/or red tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil, oregano and/or dill
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large saucepan, cook ravioli according to package directions, except omit oil and salt; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain.
Arrange greens on 4 dinner plates. Top with cooked ravioli, red pepper, tomato, carrot, and herbs.
For dressing, in a screw-top jar, combine white wine vinegar, water, oil, sugar, garlic, and black pepper. Cover and shake well. Drizzle over salads.
- Use canned tomatoes rather than fresh, but make sure to rinse them well or get the no-salt-added kind to keep from adding any sodium to the salad.