Nutrition facts per serving:
- Fat, total(g)3
Cilantro Three-Bean Salad
Chill 2 hrs to 24 hrs
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 15 ounce can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 10 ounce package frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 3 medium carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 - 2 fresh jalapeno or serrano chile peppers, seeded and finely chopped*
- Snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
For dressing, in a large bowl, whisk together cider vinegar, oil, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir in garbanzo beans, white beans, lima beans, carrots, the 1/3 cup snipped cilantro, and the chile peppers. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally. Tote salad in an insulated container with ice packs.
Transfer bean mixture to a serving bowl. If desired, garnish with additional snipped cilantro.
- Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.