Nutrition facts per serving:
- Fat, total(g)8
- sat. fat(g)2
- Monosaturated fat(g)2
- Polyunsaturated fat(g)1
- vit. A(IU)8649
- vit. C(mg)11
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6)(mg)1
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12)(µg)4
Beef and Sweet Potato Stew
Cook 7 hrs to 8 hrs on Low (High 3-1/2 to 4 hours)
- 1 1/4 pounds lean beef stew meat*
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, halved lengthwise, and sliced 1/2 inch thick (3 cups)
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges (1/2 cup)
- 1 14 ounce can lower sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup dried apricots or pitted dried plums (prunes), quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted peanuts
- Sliced green onion (optional)
In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine meat, sweet potatoes, and onion. Stir broth, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and garlic into mixture in cooker.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 7 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
Stir in undrained tomatoes and dried apricots. Sprinkle individual servings with peanuts and, if desired, green onion.
TipLean Beef Stew Meat:
- For 1-1/4 lb. lean beef stew meat, trim fat from a 1-3/4 lb. boneless beef chuck roast. Cut into 1-inch pieces.