Nutrition facts per serving:
- vit. A(IU)97
- vit. C(mg)2
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6)(mg)0
Wild Rice Stuffing
Cook 45 mins
- 1/4 cup wild rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup regular brown rice
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 - 14 teaspoons ground sage or nutmeg
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds or pine nuts, toasted (optional)
Rinse uncooked wild rice in a strainer under cold water about 1 minute. In a medium saucepan combine wild rice, the 1-3/4 cups water, uncooked brown rice, bouillon granules, and sage or nutmeg. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add mushrooms, celery, and green onions. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat for 25 minutes more or until vegetables are just tender, stirring frequently. If desired, stir in almonds or pine nuts. Use to stuff a 3-1/2- to 4-pound broiler-fryer chicken or serve immediately.
Make Ahead Tip
- Place stuffing into a 1-quart casserole and chill for up to 24 hours. Stir in 1/4 cup water. Bake, covered, in a 375 degrees F oven about 30 minutes or until heated through.