Nutrition facts per serving:
- Fat, total(g)4
- sat. fat(g)2
- Monosaturated fat(g)2
- Polyunsaturated fat(g)0
- vit. A(IU)389
- vit. C(mg)15
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6)(mg)1
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12)(µg)2
Heart-Healthy Meat Loaf
Bake 350°F 50 mins
Stand 10 mins
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup bottled salsa
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 12 ounces uncooked ground turkey breast
- 12 ounces lean ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons ketchup or bottled salsa
- Fresh or bottled salsa and/or snipped fresh cilantro (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine egg, bottled salsa, sweet pepper, onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, and the oats. Add ground meats; mix well. Lightly pat mixture into prepared loaf pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Spoon ketchup on top of meat loaf, spreading evenly. Bake for 10 minutes more or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in meat loaf registers 165 degrees F. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Remove from pan to a serving platter with 2 long spatulas and slice. Serve topped with fresh salsa and/or additional cilantro, if desired.